Peter is the managing director of Saxbys Lawyers. He is a skilled negotiator and has extensive experience in a broad range of practice areas including the following:
• All property matters; buying and selling substantial residential and commercial real estate, commercial and retail leasing, town planning and subdivision work, acting for developers in multi unit residential developments and commercial subdivisions and advising on related GST and stamp duty issues.
• Negotiating and drafting complex commercial agreements; Sale & Acquisition of Businesses, Distribution Agreements, Trade Mark Licence Agreements and advising on associated structuring, tax and competition and consumer law issues.
• Commercial and private structures such as companies, family and unit trusts, joint ventures and partnerships and general commercial and tax advice.
• Insolvency and Corporations Act matters.
• Commercial and insurance related litigation; acting for insured parties and professional indemnity and public liability insurers.
• Preparation of Wills and Testamentary Trusts and advising on issues arising from the administration of deceased estates.
• Litigation in large family law disputes involving complex business structures.
Peter graduated with a Bachelor of Economics (Accounting major) and Bachelor of Laws degrees at Monash University in 1984 and was admitted to practise in Victoria in 1985.